Name: Barbara Chesnut
City: Dearborn, MI
Kitchen Fire Damage in Dearborn, Michigan
While Barbara was away from her home, a fire started from her stove. Since the fire originated in the kitchen, the kitchen and dining room had the most fire damage. The finished basement had some water damage from the firefighters efforts. The entire house was effected by smoke. The smoke and odor seeped into walls, carpet, fabrics, and Barbara’s personal belongings.
EJH’s Home Fire Damage Repair Solution
EJH’s fire damage restoration disaster response team, experienced in repairing fire damaged homes, removed all the fire damage and wet materials. Carpet, plaster, and most of the existing kitchen needed to be removed.
Thermal fogging and air scrubbers were used to remediate the smoke odor. Surfaces were deep cleaned to remove soot and the entire house was freshly painted. Contents and upholstery were restored using specialized cleaning techniques. Barbara chose not to restore her finished basement. Instead, EJH project managers helped her to re-appropriate her insurance settlement to make significant upgrades to her kitchen and upstairs bedrooms. Barbara’s home was restored to a condition that was much nicer than it was before her fire disaster.